So I'm writing this blog entry for a class assignment, but I'm actually interested in what we're learning. We just began talking about 1 Nephi. I love the faith that Nephi shows to the Lord. Honestly, if I were in his place I don't know if I could do what he does. He was put in a tricky spot, but clearly showed his faith. Now I'm not saying I would be a Laman or Lemuel, because they were pretty annoying. They complained about leaving their stuff, their home, and everything that was in Jerusalem. I probably would have complained a little too, but not to this level. I think they had such a lack of faith that it caused them to be so annoying.
I think we can all learn from Nephi, and try to be faithful like him. Richard C. Edgley gave a fantastic talk that I encourage you all to read. It was about choosing to have faith. Just like how you can choose to be optimistic about a situation, you can choose to have faith in our Savior, and let that faith grow.
I know this church is true, and I know that I can return to my Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for the level of faith I have right now, and so grateful for my relationship with my Father in Heaven.
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/faith-the-choice-is-yours?lang=eng&query=faith
No comments:
Post a Comment