Thursday, October 22, 2015

Powers Given to Us

For my Book of Mormon class, my teacher wants us to apply ourselves with what we’re learning at the moment. We are required to watch these “Digging Deeper” videos that have to do with what we are currently reading. One of the videos I watched was of Elder Jay E. Jensen and his talk, “Remember Also the Promises.” I thought this video clip was an awesome reminder of the powers we get as blessings. He gave a list of the five powers as follows:

1.     Power to overcome evil.
2.     Power to live righteously.
3.     Power to teach convincingly.
4.     Power to call down the powers of heaven.
5.     Power to change the heart and disposition.

All of these powers are so important for us to make it through this life. Satan is constantly trying to bring us down, and we need all of the help we can get. As Elder Jensen was going through the powers, I thought the last one was most interesting. “The power to change the heart and disposition.” I think this power is extremely important because if we constantly have hearts that are hardened, we won’t progress, and we won’t be able to act Christ-like.

What a great talk by Elder Jay E. Jensen!


No comments:

Post a Comment